Sunday, October 5, 2008

All About Ben and China

Hey Ben, why are you in China? Good question self.

Hey Ben, that wasn't a good answer! And that wasn't a question.

Hey Ben, what are you doing in China? Teaching English in the forms of Calculus, Engineering, Automation, and Telecommunication. And before you (as the reader) make some inappropriate comment about how silly I am or how crazy/stupid I seem to be, just remember... I did very well for myself in school, despite what you think you know... Minus Amundson's History class... but who does well in that anyway.
And yes, I am equipped to teach Calculus and Engineering and Telecommunication. Its Automation I'm worried about.

Hey Ben, where in China are you?
Foreign Affairs Office
Hunan Institute of Humanities
Loudi City, Hunan Province, China 417000

Can I send you mail? Yes, see above. But it takes a long time and that address is still being tested by those that have come before you.

Hey Ben, aren't these questions lame? You answered you're own question.

Hey Ben, what's "a christmas hippo"? That's a really good question. But I don't have the answer. All I know was it fit.

Hey Ben, when will you be back? I'm still in your heart so don't worry about it. Physicality is over rated anyway.

Hey Ben, where are your pictures? Shut your mouth. My camera is on its way. No I didn't forget it. Stinking backordered. ARG. (Thanks to Dad/Kurt for helping me!!!)

Hey Ben, did you just call your dad Kurt? You are making me mad. It is a family joke. You are, most likely not in the family, therefore you don't get it. And you probably shouldn't even be reading this. Why are you wasting your time?

Hey Ben, I'm the one asking questions. If that was a question the answer would be no.

Hey Ben, why is the fifth question missing a "hey ben"? So the twelfth question could exist.

Hey Ben, what's it like there? If you continue to read my blog posts you may find out.

Hey Ben, do you regret this idea of a blog? Absolutely.



The Hardest Parts of Ben being in China (no order, except the first one):
1.) NO FREAKING PANCAKES - WHAT THE HECK! What kind of civilization can be around for thousands of years and not know what a freaking pancake is? I mean, seriously. UGH.
2.) Limited Western Toilet - you better be on schedule or you're screwed
3.) Limited Community
4.) Freaking no Pancakes
5.) Figuring out how to work Chinese heaters/coolers/everything
6.) Missing my mommy
7.) Having to keep a blog so that people feel included and important to me...
8.) Having say no to so many students.
9.) Being blind to what is to come (see #5 below)

The easy parts of China (no order):
1.) Soda - Thank God, I would die. But no Dr. Pepper or Mt. Dew.
2.) My own apartment - which is surprising clean!
3.) Student Helpers - Whether or not they are actually really our friends is still debatable but they help an extraordinary amount
4.) Cheap stuff and easy to find
5.) Being blind to what is to come


Itunes: Staralfur - Sigur Ros

4 comments:

  1. ben! i can't believe you've joined in on the international status! congrats! :)

    our school has a "culture day" this friday, and my students chose for our classroom to be China. any interesting facts or discoveries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben, what is it like to be attached at the hip to a midget? He's my midget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8 (Hard stuff about China) what are you saying "No" to? look if they're offering you fireworks, or freshly made electronics, or whatever, i say you take them and hold on to them for later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way...that bear question/poll does not have the choice "grylls" because we all know he is the only bear.

    ReplyDelete